Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday Babies

My life has taken a dramatic turn in the past nine months, to where my social circle revolves not around bars, books, and glasses of wine in the evening with friends but rather bottles, babies, and playgrounds in the afternoon. Lucy and I attended 4 1st birthday parties these last 2 weeks, for 4 friends old and new. The beginning of May is a rather popular time to have a baby, evidently.

Here are the happy one-year-olds:

Morgan, the daughter of Kara, a former student of mine.


Nolan, the son of Angel, a new friend from my mommy social circle.


Ben, the son of Aimee, another new friend from my mommy social circle.


Matthew, the son of Kelly, an old friend of the York family.


And the party girl herself, looking dashing in her party hat (no joke, I put this on her and she wore it the whole 2 hours we were at the party) munching on some celery and enjoying the festivities. I think Lucy's favorite part of all the parties was the opportunity to sit with other babies and have a screaming match. Nothing like someone willing to shriek back at you.


Happy Birthday babies! May this be the first of many wonderful birthdays for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment