Saturday, March 27, 2010

Zoom March

Apparently I've missed March, or March has missed me, or something. Actually, I know what happened: I'm working a house to be on the market this week which includes cleaning, sorting, donating, dumping, clearing, and beautifying my house to make it look good enough so that someone who walks through this door will want to live here too and then offer me tons of money to do so. As the realtor tells me this can be done through cleaning out closets and well-placed rugs and art. Lucky for us, the house doesn't need TONS of work, just A ton. My parents have been really integral in getting this all done, through time here and time with Lucy.

In the meantime Lucy has discovered and enhanced a number of passions.

First, the Little People DVD we have that came with the farm still sends her into fits. She has begun to anticipate; dancing before the music starts, clapping before the little people clap, saying bye just before the walk out of a room, etc. She watches them on our huge new TV from close range or from on top of her block bucket, dumped out for the occasion.

Second, we've been taking gymnastics for about two months now too, though you wouldn't know it by the way she behaves in class. She loves loves loves it, and is beginning to develop some coordination and strength skills too. This is her class with her teacher Karis. It might well be the only moment Lucy was sitting down through the whole 30 minute session.

Third, Lucy has had a bit of a "Wa-Wa" fascination lately, though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't extend to the pool as she still won't take a bath in the big tub. I've had to be careful that important stuff doesn't go swimming in the wa-wa and put Shorty's dish up on the stove when Lucy is up and around. Here she in with some toys taking a bath in the dog dish. Note the creative use of the spatula.

Finally we've been frantic to be outside. I think Lucy has spring fever. I know I do and this warm warm weather through the middle of March has really spoiled us. Lots of swinging, sliding and walks with Shorty. This is our "Whee" and Lucy getting full use of its potential for fun.

We climb.

We stand.

We slide.

And we penguin slide too.

Ah, where does the time go? I wonder what April will hold ....

No comments:

Post a Comment