Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Jamie Eats

Again, a little out of date.  Baby J has started eating food, both earlier and more enthusiastically than baby Lucy did.  With Lu it was almost force-feeding; with Jamie he just can't get enough.  He started in on the intent stare and mimicking chewing a bit before four months, but I waited until we were home from Maine to start him on anything solid.  This sequence is from his first bite (of applesauce).  He started off very smiley but it was not exactly what he had expected, I think. 
Now he chows down everything I give him: applesauce, banana, pear, peaches, grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, prunes, sweet potato, carrots, green beans, peas, yogurt, and baby crackers.  So far.  Oh and brownies and Cheese Its too (lovingly stuffed in an open mouth courtesy of our favorite helper, Lucy).  And thanks to my neighbor Joanna, I'm using my immersion blender to mash up my own baby food, which I never thought of it with Lucy.  All this food and I haven't bought a single jar. 

I still can't get over how what a great eater he is.  Are boys just hungrier than girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment