Sunday, May 6, 2012

Garden ... again

We're certainly getting our money's worth out of the year membership, with our most recent trip on Earth Day.  Remember last year's Big Bugs?  This year they've got LEGO sculptures.  Pretty cool.
Tulip season is just about over, so I let the kids touch (read: destroy) the flowers a little more freely than I would if they had just bloomed. 
Jamie had a great time knocking petals off the stems.
Earth day - hug a tree!
 Another Lego sculpture of a hummingbird is probably 5 feet tall.  Though you might think that Legos are for kids, I think adults probably appreciate these way more.
Another beautiful day outdoors.  I was hoping to bring the kids to an Earth Day fair or event but there was nothing in our area.  The organic grocery was having an Earth Day "start your garden" seed planting on Monday night, and that's all I could find.  I suppose we could have gone swimming in the farm runoff pond I drive by on my way back from school every day.  There is a dock and a slide...

Finally, a video at Reiman to show off the incredible talents of my children:

No comments:

Post a Comment