Sunday, May 18, 2014

Gymnastics Spring Show

Lucy is into the spotlight. She wants people to watch her, clap for her, bring her flowers, etc etc. I thought Jamie was a limelight kind of guy too, but found out I was totally wrong. He's a mama's boy who love the audience of one, I think. Thus our experience at the spring show.

Jamie's show was at 9:30 so we showed up at about 9:00. The place was already packed, we only got a seat way off the the side of the bleachers, and Jamie was supposed to leave me and go through the door and fence store to a room where all the little kids were waiting. That did not happen, though he did make two appearances on the floor for the obstacle course before the show started. When he started screaming and someone stole our crappy seats we cut our losses and left.

Lucy's show was at 11:15. We got there and she didn't even turn around to look at me in line as she walked through the door, and was a total ham on the floor.

In other news I do believe that we're talking to agents about Tokyo 2020.
And the whole routine:

Gymnastics Spring Show from Kristin York on Vimeo.

 Since Jamie didn't participate I thought I'd have them do a backyard spring show for me after we got home. That didn't go so well either, but at least I didn't have to drag him out screaming.

This is the tumblebug rainbow, one leg lifted.
 Lucy's cartwheel.
 And what gymnastics show would be complete without some car race/repair action?
Maybe next year Jamie will participate, we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment