Monday, December 8, 2008

Choices


You might think that a reasonable baby presented with a reasonable number of options would make a selection. My picky baby has been presented with an enormous number of choices of bottles and cups and is simply choosing to go on a hunger strike during my working hours. I had been working for four weeks before going back to work to get her to take a bottle, with mixed results. It seemed to be just pure chance if she took it, no matter the time of day, hungry or full, type of nipple, milk, formula or juice, etc. Now that I'm back at school, part time thankfully so I'm only away from her for about five hours, there is just no convincing Lucy that she needs to eat for anyone else, not Aunt Sara, not Grandma, not Kimmie, not Daddy.

This weekend I spent about thirty dollars on new sippy cups, in the hopes that one would tempt her enough to drink from it and I hope that we have found a winner. It's not great, but hopefully will keep her calm enough until I can come home from work in the afternoon. I was starting to worry that my totally round baby might waste away in the afternoon!

FYI the winner is the purple cup with the handles all the way to the left.

1 comment:

  1. Kristin!
    I love your blog. I feel privileged to know of a place where I can hear stories about one of Rozzy's daytime friends...
    Like I will when she's in high school, and I stay up until the wee hours of the morning haunting the Facebook pages of everyone I've found on her cell phone...

    xo,
    M

    ReplyDelete