Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mommy's Little Helper (Part 2)

I've always known that Lucy is a bit of a neat freak. She would walk around our house in Maine and pick up bits of lint and debris that were left behind on the carpet. She complains about a messy tray or dirt on her feet. She's got high standards (though unfortunately these standards do not extend to not making messes, just to wanted them cleaned up immediately.) But without me ever realizing it, Lucy has also become a laundry fiend. She loves to unfold clean clothes. She loves to put clothes in and take them out of the basket. She loves to play in the basket. And now, I've discovered she loves to load the washer and dryer. I have, as any good mother should, begun to use this to my advantage.

The obsession progression:

And finally, here she is actually doing a load of laundry. I'm not kidding when I say that now I walk away and let her pack the washer full and then come back to start it. How long, I wonder, until she can reach the detergent and understands the settings? The video is about a minute long and gets a bit repetitive, but she does do something cute at the end if you wait it out.

Maid for hire, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that video! She is such a doll. Can she teach Gabe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was worth watching. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete