Friday, August 17, 2012

Camp 2012

It gets more beautiful every year.
I think back to when I was pregnant with Lucy and my cousin Ken was at camp with his two girls who were then 11 and 14 (ish).  Ken was ecstatic I came to visit because his girls were so incredibly bored and I helped entertain them for the day.  Apparently one of the first things they noticed when they arrived was the conspicuous lack of an ipod docking station ... and that was before we had tv channels there, too.  It was their first time visiting camp.  I first wonder if I was incredibly bored at camp as a teenager.  I have a lot of memories from camp growing up, but I don't know from which years in my life.  We also had Ree Ree and Putt Putt in town to break up the trip, as well as a lot more company than Mom?  Next, I think about if my kids will be as incredibly bored at camp as Erin and Tara were if we continue to bring them every year. 

We were lucky enough to be joined by Sara, Tim and Jacob for a couple days of visit this year.  Lucy had a blast with Jacob, one of the only 13 year old boys to ever walk the earth that absolutely adores children.  He might have been a grandmother in his past life.
Tim kayaking with a great shot of Jo Mary.
Jamie the fearless.  Here is where he got the nickname Dr. Destructo.  The next shots are him jumping off the dock.  I never tested it, but I don't know as he would have gone right in by himself.  He doesn't jump in the pool here.
Aunt Sara can't take a serious photo.
Apparently we need more choices for guest seating.
Stacy and Chloe visited as well.
 Here Chloe really dug in to her mom about how much she wanted a little brother.  It was heartwarming birth control for the Henry family.
 We were excited to give the girls sparklers.  It didn't turn out as well as planned.  Neither girl was thrilled, to say the least.
 And yes, we listened to Big Mouth Billy Bass.
 And yes, we wore the moose hat.
 And yes, we climbed the giant stone.
And yes, we engaged in activities that could lead to another dad-directed splinter surgery.
My beautiful kids at beautiful camp. 
What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment