Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Jamie's Skills

Can I just say this kid is EXHAUSTING??  I really don't remember Lucy being quite so much work as a toddler.  I gleefully put him to sleep every night around 7, and spend most of the other hours I'm with him following him around averting disaster.

I regularly find him on the kitchen table with his toes hanging over the edge, on the back of the couch trying to climb onto the window, in the bathroom sink, on top of Lucy's dresser, and jumping on our bed.  He's also a kid with a number of hiding spots, so there are times in our 800 square foot house that I can't find him for a minute or two.  He is also getting really, really good at annoying Lucy.  It's hard to explain to her that her emphatic "yuck" when looking at the dinner on his face now is fueling more chew-and-show later.  I think, anyway.  I can already see him delight in getting a rise out of her.

We've got a few nicknames for this one including "The Safety Baby" and "Dr. Destructo."  I dropped the kids off with a friend not too long ago and Lucy asked Jamie on our way out the door, "Are you ready to go wreck the place?"  That about sums it up. 

The video is the amazing things he can do, not necessarily the dangerous ones.  In addition to making me work to keep him safe, he's figuring stuff out at a lightning pace.  He's incredible.



Jamie's Skills from Kristin York on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment