Thursday, April 21, 2011

1st Bath

Jamie finally took the plunge.  Poor guy has been waiting for me to find the newborn cradle portion of the pink tub he'll be enjoying for the next months.  I know I had it out and washed it, but now it's gone - or at least hiding somewhere.  So, under some pressure and direction from Grandma ... "Sheesh, Kristin, the kid's almost a month old!  Just put a towel in the bottom of the tub." ... I finally dipped and scrubbed him.
 There were surprisingly few tears during the whole bath.  Despite the little terry cover-up you see in the picture above (which is supposed to keep him warm), there were some lip-quiver-shivers.  Cute as can be, but they make me feel like a meanie. 

 Lucy was quite intent on helping.  Translate: I had to work to make sure she didn't tip him over or get soap in his eyes.  Unless you've been to our bathroom you can't see how hard this was to do, as we are literally crammed between the closet and the toilet, elbowing for bathing baby J real estate.  At one point Lucy suggested she climb in the tub with Jamie to help.  Must have seemed like a good plan to her, but I'm not sure how she actually envisioned that to go.
 Finally, after 3+ weeks, my beautifully clean baby boy.  Wish I could say sweet-smelling, but I bought some Johnson's natural baby wash with "allerfree" fragrance and it's foul.  I think the plant-derived ingredient they used was stinkweed, though the ingredients just claim "fragrance" without specification.  Had to lotion him up to get close enough for a post-bath cuddle.
Another baby milestone, check.

No comments:

Post a Comment