Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Grandparents Love Babies

 Baby J's first week was marked with a visit from Grandma and Grandpa.  As we got closer to my due date I started to get a little nervous.  Mom had booked their flight for the 29th, expecting to see a two-week-old baby, as I had had Lucy so early, and I didn't want them to come all the way out to Iowa to watch me be overly pregnant for a week and then go home, no grandson.  He arrived right on time, though, and Grandma and Grandpa got to enjoy a four- to eleven-day-old pumpkin.
 
 Feel the love, see the tears.  This last picture was taken right before Grandma and Grandpa got on the shuttle for the airport.  Lucy begged Grandma not to take her baby as my mom held and hugged baby J one last time for the next few months.
 Here I think that Jamie is thinking about the great visit, wondering when he'll see the extended family again, and hoping that his mom will survive without someone cooking, cleaning, and doing her laundry.
Lucky for J, we're doing okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment