Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easteriffic

On Saturday when she woke up from her nap, I reminded Lucy that the Easter bunny would be coming tomorrow.  She peered out the window and asked, "In his car?"

Our "celebration" of Easter revolves entirely around eggs and bunnies.  I feel like I should explain to Lucy that it has a bigger meaning, but not having explained anything remotely church-related, it would likely be a long conversation.  That said, we did have a rockin' good time on Easter Sunday.

Easter eve, we wrote a letter to the Easter bunny and put out some carrots for him to eat. We had gone to the mall that day, and saw the bunny sitting there waiting for kids to take pictures with him.  There was no line, so Lucy got to wave and give hugs without the pressure of buying a $12.75 photo.  Price aside, her face was not washed and her hair not combed either, but I think the visit gave her an idea of who she was waiting for.
 
 The note was dictated to me, the only thing I changed was "he'll" to "you'll be so proud of me."  I couldn't squeeze out of her what, exactly, the bunny was going to be proud of.  When she woke up, Lucy just couldn't believe that he'd eaten the carrots.
 This is Lucy's excited face when she woke up and remembered that there would be an egg hunt with candy and prizes.

I love this picture as she struggles to lift and show off her basket.
Baby J's cameo, wearing his Easter suit.  I like that he seems to be looking at his Easter basket.  In fact, he fell back asleep before we opened it.
While Jamie napped, Lucy and I dyed eggs.  As a parent, I've learned to give up on a few things that I used to think absolutely unacceptable: driving around aimlessly wasting gas to get a baby to sleep, letting a child run water in the sink for fun, wasting 18 eggs.  Having seen what spaghetti sauce, finger paint, and Iowa mud do to clothes, I stripped her to underwear before starting the project. 

Our eggs were beautiful, complete with Tinkerbell stickers.  Lucy insisted on emptying out her basket to put the eggs in, and then carried them around the house.

The new basket was tippy, and this is what the eggs looked like once they'd been dropped on the floor.  A different kind of beauty.  Finish the day off with a dinner and a good friend, and it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment