Sunday, February 26, 2012

Minneapolis / MOA

Again, in Minneapolis we went to the mall.  Again, to the amusement park instead of the aquarium.  Not surprising, as Lucy chose.

Another go-round on the swings.  Lucy promised, promised that she wouldn't be scared this time.  She chose Grandma as her partner in crime for her chaperone this time.  She did much better, though the swing ride was not entirely without fear.
 We were at the mall for four (?) hours, and not a peep out of Jamie.  He was a total prince: patient, quiet, still patient and still quiet. 
 Don't you just want to eat that face? 
 Waiting in line for the roller coaster.  I was surprised that Grandma was going on so many rides, as I remember her having a strong aversion for anything theme park.  She scoffed at me that I would think she didn't have the stomach to ride the rides you had to be 39 inches tall to ride.
 My other beautiful (not a) baby (anymore).
 So here we were, waiting in line to ride the ferris wheel.  It was pretty big for being indoors, and the only ride that Lucy chose Uncle Ryan to chaperone.  I tagged along. 
 Oh, so excited that we had to wait on the number 3.  They MUST have known Lucy was 3 years old.  She wanted us all to stand on the number the entire time we waited to board our cart.
 Can this day get any better?  The answer is no, it was downhill from there.
 Aunt Grace and Grandma with baby J, looking quite small.
And no more pictures because there was an incident after the SpongeBob bounce house that makes me glad I was 3 hours from home.  We ended up dragging Lucy out of the MOA pantless and with a fleece wrapped around her waist after the most horrific tantrum display I have seen in a long time.  She cried so hard and screamed so much, she peed.  Sheesh, but my fault.  She was exhausted and over-stimulated, and we stayed 30 minutes too long.  Oh well, lesson learned, pants washed, tears dried, and the bad-mommy police did not come to carry me away.

Stay tuned - I'm doing the Clean Food Challenge again this week.  Remember that one?  Check out what Emilie's doing and why on earth she might have inspired me to do this crazy sugar-free-gluten-free-vegan-week again. 

www.onemominmaine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment