Wednesday, June 22, 2011

CFC day 1

This is my white bean and kale soup; it turned out really well.  Instead of pureeing a batch of beans and broth to thicken the soup I used my immersion blender to kind of puree up the whole thing.  This made the kale a little less kale-y and easier to chew.  Also, if anyone is expecting a tomato kick, I'd add more. 

Day one of my clean food challenge is done, though I'm waiting for sparkly.  Oatmeal for breakfast (forgot how much I really don't like oatmeal), salad, soup, plenty of fruit, some rice cakes with almond butter, and some nuts.  I was doing fine until about 2 hours after I ate the soup for dinner when I got ravenously hungry, something that happens to me on a pretty regular basis.  So I made a 2nd dinner of brown rice, black beans, and homemade salsa.  Better.  I came pretty close to the gallon of water.

Planning on making a Indian Lentil Puree (Dal) tomorrow.  Going to try my hand at some lentils.  And I've got to make some kale chips for snacking.  Everyone says they're actually good.

1 comment:

  1. "sparkly" doesn't come for a few more days... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete