Sunday, June 26, 2011

Clean Me!

Five down, two to go, and though Emilie suggested the clean food participants do a hard workout for maximum sparkle, I'm passing.  The last hard workout I did was in July; I do plan on working out again someday, but not today.  I spent the day with an awful, yucky belly.  Rolling waves of nausea, cramps, and they only time it felt okay was when it was empty.  I didn't eat much, and didn't even come close the gallon of water, but I did make these cabbage rolls with tempeh and diced tomatoes.

The cabbage rolls started with sauteed onions and garlic.  To that I added diced tempeh and diced tomatoes and simmered it for 20 minutes or so, pureeing with an immersion blender.  I mixed it with some cooked brown rice and rolled it up in cabbage leaves (some saved for the top for baking).  I had to call mom for advice on the cabbage leaves, and she said she boils the head until they're partly cooked and easier to peel away.  Worked like a charm.

The yucky belly ... A fluke?  Weird coincidence?  Or should I take this as a sign that I'm meant to live as a cupcake-gobbling, cheese-eating, wine-drinking woman?

In other news, my beautiful baby boy is 3 months old today!

No comments:

Post a Comment